Show Notes – 003: What is the Changemaker Mindset?
In this week’s episode of the Happy Me Happy Earth podcast, I answer the question, “What is the changemaker mindset?” and talk about why it is so important that we develop it. I also give you a simple step that you can do today to help yourself step into this mindset.
This is Part 1 of a two-part series about the changemaker mindset. In next week’s episode, I’ll dive into HOW you can put it into practice to fuel your change-making journey! You can find episode 004: How to Develop the Changemaker Mindset here.
Below is a brief outline of what I discussed. Tune in wherever you get your podcasts (or above) for personal stories and a more in-depth discussion!
What is the changemaker mindset?
By getting out of our own way I mean overcoming fear, imposture syndrome, lack of confidence, procrastination, and overwhelm in order to take action!
Topics explored in this week’s episode:
- Why the changemaker mindset is crucial to our effectiveness as activists, advocates, environmentalists, social entrepreneurs, etc.
- What is the changemaker mindset?
- What is a fixed mindset?
- What is a growth mindset?
- How the changemaker mindset builds on the growth mindset
- How cultural conditioning has shaped our mindset
- Examples of how the fixed mindset has had me back in my life
- Examples of the growth and changemaker mindset show up in my life
- Effect of the fixed mindset on our lives
- The secret sauce of the changemaker mindset
This week’s invitation:
Begin developing more awareness around your mindset.
- Note when you find yourself thinking in a fixed mindset. What types of situations, people, conversations, etc. trigger your fixed mindset?
- Also, take note when you find yourself thinking in the growth mindset. What types of situations, people, conversations, etc. are you growth-minded about?
References and links mentioned in the show:
Let’s connect & go deeper…
Please subscribe to the HEHM podcast wherever you get your podcasts!
Want to learn more about the changemaker mindset, practice it in a safe space with support, and truly embody it so that you can become a more effective changemaker? Join us when doors open for the Becoming the Change life coaching program.
Get behind-the-scenes podcast updates sent directly to your inbox by signing up for my newsletter.
Feedback? Topic suggestions? Ah-ha moments? I’d love to hear it!
Please email me at email@example.com
Ciao for now!
Music: “Bounce” by Coma-Media on Pixbay